Sewing Patterns, Pattern Review, Sewing Classes, Sewing Machines and Sewing Machine Reviews!
Platinum Sponsor: Stylish Fabric
Over 20,000 of high quality reorderable fabric

[SIGNUP - FREE Membership & 1 FREE Sewing Lesson ]
[Sewing Classes|Shopping Bag Your Shopping Bag|Login|Help]
Sewing Review and Pattern Reviews Sewing Knowledge Base Sewing Patterns Sewing Classes & Sewing Lessons Sewing Machine & Embroidery Machinery Sewing Message Boards Sewing merchants Blog Help/FAQ About Pattern Review

Advanced Search

web sites reviewed: 1

Posted on: 11/26/13 9:25 PM
http://www.banberryplace.com Fabric
Current Tags What is a Tag:
I have three young kids and do quite a bit of knit garment sewing. My personal favorite for fabric is Chez Ami, however recently Banberry Place was having a sale and decided to give them a try. I placed a $200 order with at least 10 fabrics - one of which was listed on the website as cotton interlock turned to be a cotton lycra blend not suitable for the pajamas I intended. Oh well, I gave that fabric away. What was really frustrating was a series of holes found about 10 inches in from the cut on the first fabric from the order I was using. This was a chevron knit and I had no way to work around the holes and match the stripes.

So I called the phone number - which is an answering machine, no live customer service at bayberry place. , left a message and no return phone call came. I sent an email, asking for preferably a replacement or if not a refund. It took several days for a response, When I explained that I didn't see the holes until after I cut some of the fabric, I was told sorry your problem and you can buy it again at 10% off. The owner Corey made sure to imply that the fabric was fine, to which I responded with a photo of the damage.

This was $12 worth of fabric, so certainly not a big deal, and I will be replacing it elsewhere. I was just so appalled that Banberry would operate in such a way that a $200 first time customer would be sure to never return. It's a shame, since they sell several of the knits featured in Ottobre, I would have likely been a regular customer.
Budo Bear Designs
Asian Designs
hopflower said...
That would have been very disappointing and it would have made me rather angry that they treated a customer that way. At the very least, they should have cut you a new length of the fabric with the holes, and made it good. Or offered a complete refund on it; with perhaps a choice of something else in its place. I am wondering, though, if you perhaps accidentally ordered from the "not quite" page, which is the one where they offer fabrics with slight flaws. Thank you. I will be careful if I shop there now.
11/26/13 11:13 PM
dgregory10 said...
Hopflower - I double checked my order before calling banberry and it was a new fabric, I never order 'not quite' fabric. Their attitude is that since I didn't find their mistake prior to cutting the fabric, it became my problem. My advice would be to thoroughly inspect any fabric purchases prior to cutting.
11/27/13 0:04 AM
Tall Mary said...
Thanks for this recent review. I have admired many of their fabrics for years but hadn't purchased from them. So sorry about your experience. Kathy
12/29/13 6:32 PM

Reviewed by: Sewmusical on 11/9/13

JKM Ribbon and Trims
Reviewed by: G_l_e_n_d_a on 11/7/13
Add another Web site    Read All Web site Reviews

Any registered trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owner. Valid and accurate reviews and comments are the responsibility of their posters. As per its Terms and Conditions, PatternReview.com is not responsible for and does not validate or verify the accuracy of these statements. Posters you are responsible for your comments so please ensure that these are substantiated.

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.
Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Contact Us