Sewing Patterns, Pattern Review, Sewing Classes, Sewing Machines and Sewing Machine Reviews!
Platinum Sponsor: Stylish Fabric
Over 20,000 of high quality reorderable fabric

[SIGNUP - FREE Membership & 1 FREE Sewing Lesson ]
[Sewing Classes|Shopping Bag Your Shopping Bag|Login|Help]
Sewing Review and Pattern Reviews Sewing Knowledge Base Sewing Patterns Sewing Classes & Sewing Lessons Sewing Machine & Embroidery Machinery Sewing Message Boards Sewing merchants Blog Help/FAQ About Pattern Review

Advanced Search

web sites reviewed: 14

Posted on: 12/30/13 1:21 PM
Last Updated: 12/31/13 7:32 PM
http://www.simplicity.com/default.aspx Patterns
Other (to be explained in the Comments)
Current Tags What is a Tag:
I have been prompted to write this review because the Simplicity website moves like a glacier. I have emailed and mentioned it several times and have received no response. I feel like Simplicity.com is not interested in serving its customers because they certainly don't make it easy to find items and browse their website.

I don't believe they sell notions such as zippers, interfacing or thread. They do sell ribbon, knitting needles (?), pins, thimbles, and some sewing needles. They appear to carry certain brands and that's it.

ETA: I forgot to mention that they have Simplicity, New Look, and Burda (envelope) patterns.

How is the web site look & feel / user friendliness? Is it easy to surf?
The website is cluttered with information and very difficult to move from item to item. They have divided their patterns by strange category and it is odd to back out or move to another section. Not every link leads where you think it will. It is not user friendly and it is not easy to surf.

Is this a commercial web site? If yes how are the prices? Do they have a secure shopping cart?
It is a commercial web site. The prices are typical. I don't know if they have any sales. I have never purchased anything from the web site and I'm not likely to because it's so slow to actually browse through the site. The search engine is pretty good, but sometimes you just want to browse.

How is the customer service?
Considering that they never respond to my emails and there has been no improvement in their web site, I have to go with "not so good."

Have you bought anything from this web site? If yes, was the item delivered on time?
I have not purchased anything from this site and probably will not. If their delivery time is anything like the speed of their web site, I can't imagine anything good.

Would you recommend this site to others?
I would like to recommend this site to browse the Simplicity, New Look, and Burda pattern catalogs, but I can't. It's just too darn slow. It's unfortunate really because I do like to browse online before I go to the fabric store to purchase patterns. This web site actually makes me want to fight someone in a crowded fabric store so that I can sit on a hard metal chair for an hour and hope that I can find the latest pattern catalog just to possibly purchase something from this company.

Fitz Like a Glove Ironing Board Cover
Monique said...
Same here.
1/1/14 9:27 AM
madbadger said...
You're right, it is slow...I LOL'd at your 'moves like a glacier' comment, so true!
1/13/14 6:50 PM

Reviewed by: NhiHuynh on 11/30/13

Banberry Place
Reviewed by: dgregory10 on 11/26/13
Add another Web site    Read All Web site Reviews

Any registered trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owner. Valid and accurate reviews and comments are the responsibility of their posters. As per its Terms and Conditions, PatternReview.com is not responsible for and does not validate or verify the accuracy of these statements. Posters you are responsible for your comments so please ensure that these are substantiated.

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.
Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Contact Us